There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, December 14, 2009

Chipotle!!

It is funny how something like Chipotle, just one restaurant in a thousand, has managed to make my Top 10 list for the year. Before May of this year, I was more than familiar with feeling sick much of the time, but May changed everything. Allergies, food and other, have become my new normal. It has not been a welcome normal. For a girl who doesn't really enjoy cooking, making everything from scratch is....well....it just is. Eating out is a minefield. If the place isn't loaded with latex balloons, everything on the menu is made with something I can't eat. Or, they have managed to use lettuce that is processed with a chemical that makes me violently ill. Enter (drum roll, please)...Chipotle. I can eat Chipotle! For this seemingly small blessing, I am deeply grateful. Now, since I cannot eat Chipotle every day, I must go upstairs and ponder tonight's meal. Please God, once again, I need your strength and joy to yet again cook dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.