There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Monday, June 20, 2011

29 Blog Entries

I have written 29 blog entries in the last few days....in my head. We painted the basement. There's nothing like painting to give you a chance to think. And think some more. And then think more. I am on trim detail when we paint. In our basement, this is a seriously horrible assignment. We have more drop-down ceilings, weird beams, oddly shaped walls, strange built-in shelves than any self-respecting small basement should have. I reached utter painting despair approximately two hours prior to completion of the trim, but it's finally over. Whew. (Technically, I still need to caulk and paint the door that leads to the back yard, but I am considering that a separate project out of a desperate need to check something off the list.)

It was a long-overdue opportunity to vacuum neglected corners and organize the school area. Brian also rearranged our furniture. (Yes, he's the rearranger, and quite good at it.) Now all I need to do is stop walking directly into the back of the newly-positioned couch.

It's nice to finally be rid of the dirty white walls. It feels good to get this done.

1 comment:

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.