I was reading a friend's blog and realized she really identified some of what gets to me in the summertime. Don't get me wrong. I love being warm. I really think the natural Vitamin D infusion helps me feel better in the warm season. I love blazing blue skies and rich green grass. I love that the birds start singing at 4 in the morning. I just don't know what to do with my days. The lack of structure gets to me. It's not that I don't have anything to do, I'm just not always clear on priority.
I am unsure if I should be working on my summertime list of things that didn't get done in the school season, or if I should be trying to get my kids together with friends, or if we should be at the pool, or if I should be preparing for next year's school. I lose the structure of my days in the summertime.
This day has so far been alarmingly structure-free. Not stressful, just structure-free. I'm not sure where to start, who to call, what to tackle, what to leave for another day. I've done lots of wandering around doing random chores, run some easy errands, made a lengthy library stop, returned some phone calls, and gotten a haircut for me and Elijah. At least the distant thunder and clouds have ruled out swimming for today....I think I'll catch up on ironing while I'm watching the newest Shaun the Sheep DVD with the boys. I love that goofy little British sheep.
I'm sure someone reading this is laughing at me and my tendency to need my life on a spreadsheet. :) I'm laughing too, although I'm unsure if this is the time of day I usually have scheduled for gentle, self-mocking laughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.