We have finally been having warmer weather. I am relieved because I discovered our trees are actually alive. We have several large trees that were looking rather alarmingly lifeless until about a week ago. I am glad to see their shiny green leaves. I do love some time out under my big shady trees. Mmm-hmm.
I got my first sunburn of the summer. I am the oddball that can wear factor 50 sunscreen and burn through it within an hour. If I sit outside in direct sun without sunscreen, I can burn in 15 minutes. It's pretty impressive. I am currently on a heart medicine that increases my sensitivity to the sun. Just what I needed! I definitely need to bring an umbrella to the next daytime baseball game.
We don't have central heat (boiler system, sore subject for me, nuf said), therefore, we cannot have central air. So....we have a swamp cooler--a gift from people who love us and felt we might melt and die in our house a few summers ago. We have enjoyed its cool breezes and relief from the heat. Disappointingly, Swampy (yes, we named our swamp cooler) has a small issue at the moment and cannot be used. Oh well. I am fairly sure people lived for several millenia before A/C or swamp coolers. We'll probably make it....for now. We miss you, Swampy!
My "yard boy" was here today. He was a blur of lawn mowing, tree limb trimming, weeding, gutter cleaning, and all sorts of outdoor activity. I do like my yard boy quite a bit. Not only is he amazing at taking care of the lawn, he's tall, dark, handsome, and has been married to me for almost 20 years.
My big challenge for the day was hearing John Piper say that the way we look for joy is to do everything we can to see Jesus Christ for who he is and then to savor him. (He said it better, but this is what's in my head.) Never, ever, ever, ever will a greater joy be found outside of Jesus himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.