There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Fog Continued

So, remember that time I posted that I was feeling foggy and wasn't thinking coherently? Ummm....that might have been yesterday. Today I needed to get a simple project off my desk. Very. Very. Simple. No amount of fog should have been able to mess up this project. Did I mention it was simple?

It's been sitting there for a few weeks. I just needed to say I got something done from start to finish. I needed a new small rice bag to use for heat on the aches and pains of a 40-year-old in my house. (OK, it's me.) I got out the sewing machine, quickly stitched up the bag, leaving an opening through which to pour rice. First, I poured the rice all over the kitchen counter, missing the bag entirely, but I was able to salvage most of the rice and get it in the bag. Then I sewed it shut. Inside out.

Yup. Inside out.

Then I found my seam ripper, a rather overused tool in my sewing box, ripped out the seam, emptied the rice, and turned the bag right side out. I suspect I am one of a small group of people who will actually have to replace a seam ripper due to dulling.

And yes, I did manage to turn a 10-15 minute project into a 45-minute project that is not yet complete.

Did I tell you about the time I doubled all the ingredients in a recipe except the salt? I quadrupled it. Yup, blood pressure was rising all around the table at that meal. Or the time I doubled all the ingredients except the meat in meatloaf and wondered why dinner resembled an odd, soggy loaf of bread? (I have a friend who hates soggy bread and will probably dry heave if she reads that sentence.)

I think I should stop talking now....errrr, typing. Oh, I do have one more thing to say. If you ever get a rice bag from me as a gift, please know....it was no ordinary gift. It took a loooonnnnggg time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.