Christmas break is winding down. Decorations are put away. Every year when I turn the tree lights off for the final time, I get a little lump in my throat. I love the lights, but all the same, I am very relieved to have that corner back. Our living room has no square footage to spare. What I miss even more are the outside lights. I love going outside at night when all is quiet and seeing stars above in a dark sky and twinkling lights on the house.
The Wii is roaring with the sounds of a Madden game. The washer and dryer are busily doing their thing. I am feeling the pangs of Christmas break being over. Here's what I loved:
"The Big Year". We ordered this movie from Netflix and really liked it. It's rare for me to say "really liked" about a movie.
Sleeping in. I had no idea I was tired enough to sleep so long each night.
Lots of PJ time for all of us.
Talking to both my sisters on the phone more than usual.
Using birthday money to help me find a couple of things to wear with tall boots.
Getting to wrap up my annual read through the Bible and start another year.
Time off from teaching Sunday School and AWANA.
Family making sure Joseph had plenty of gluten-free treats.
Finally having the Christmas prep stress of December lifted.
Denver Nuggets basketball adventure. (Details in prior blog.)
Seeing Elijah's face light up when he counted his money and had enough finally to buy a refurbished iPod.
Rosy cheeks on my kids after lots and lots of sledding in the mountains.
Opportunities to help friends in significant ways.
Giving opportunities God put right in front of us and then gave us the means to give.
Ridiculous amounts of laughter over card games with the boys.
Safety in all the time we spent on highways.
Getting to care for the ones in my family who got sick.
Breaking the 750 mark on my "1000 Things" list of things I'm thankful for.
Not having surgery or a major illness. (Both of these are nearly annual Christmas break traditions for me.)
Finishing a prayer journal and getting to start a new one.
Christmas break can't last forever. I do need to start putting on clothes with a lower flannel content much earlier in the day. School must start again. The Wii must roar less. Bedtime for the boys must come sooner.
But it was really nice. Really, really nice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.