There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Time Difference

Sometimes, when I'm really tired and the day shows no imminent signs of ending, I get jealous of my friend in a different time zone who has already made it to bedtime. Given that her day starts two hours before mine, it all evens out. But, when I am tired I lose sight of this and begin to think she got the better deal. Have you ever noticed how fatigue clouds rational thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.