It might be time. For the intervention, I mean. I'll explain more in a minute.
Let me just get you caught up a little.
Yesterday, I was encouraged to find out the shortness of breath and wracking cough is only bronchitis and not pneumonia. Of course, in addition to the chest X-ray, I did also get the heart patient special--an EKG--just to make sure the chest pain wasn't heart-related. Going to the doctor is a sure way to get the royal treatment based on both my history of pneumonia and heart issues. I am relieved to be mostly fine, though sleep would be nice.
We ended up one for two on sleepovers last night. Joseph had a friend over and Elijah convinced me he was ready to sleep away from home. As it turns out, he still does need his mom and dad around 10:30pm or so. He told me in a quavery voice on the phone, "Maybe we can try a sleepover again when I'm older." I'm so glad he was with a sweet family to walk him through his first attempted sleepover.
Today was good. Lots of basketball. Baby shower for a friend. Some down time between coughing fits. Freakishly gorgeous weather. Wearing my new $8 gray t-shirt for the first time. (Fashion side note: My favorite purple t-shirt developed a hole. I went to replace it and found no purple. However, I have decided I shall now buy 6 more gray t-shirts and wear them every day.) Cute pix posted of my cousin's new baby. (Whoo-hoo!!!!!!)
Driving home from the second basketball game, we were headed directly toward the setting sun. I was completely blinded. Here's the short one-act stage version:
Me: [twisting in my seat and squeezing my eyes shut] I don't know how you can see anything to drive. This is awful!!
Brian: Good thing you're not driving.
Joseph: This sun is horrible!! I can't see anything!!
Brian: That's what sunglasses are for, Joseph.
Me: Well, mine aren't helping at all. This is crazy!
[silence in the car for a long, long moment]
Brian: You're not wearing sunglasses.
Me: [no verbal response due to uncontrollable laughter]
Is it time for an intervention?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.