The blog drafts are piling up.
It's ridiculous.
I finally decided maybe if I summarized some of the things I keep trying to blog about, it would ease my angst over so many false starts.
It's just me, the laptop, and my jumble of thoughts.
Oh, and I should mention I have my afternoon coffee and I'm happily seated in our wonderful schoolroom.
(I should totally steal this room from my children.)
Here goes:
1) Lunchtime conversations have been interesting. Are you familiar with tastebugs? Have you heard of global warning? Apparently Elijah has been hearing things just a bit differently than I thought he was.
2) The more I hear about fast food and most processed food, the more I think I'm actually abusing my children if I allow them to eat it. Ever.
3) My body has taken the last few days to remind me that it is a jar of clay.
4) After a long stretch of years, wondering what on earth we're supposed to do about the commandment no one ever talks about or acknowledges, we celebrated our first Sabbath rest yesterday. I very much would like to share what we did, what led up to it, some of the writing I've done about it, some of the books I've read. I just won't be sharing it today. (Yes, several of the false start blogs were regarding Sabbath.)
5) Currently, Brian is on an eating plan that doesn't allow beans. While that may not trouble some of you, we are apparently training our children for life in a third world country, based on the amount of beans and rice we eat. Beanless eating is tricky for us. I've been on the hunt for a decent beanless chili. The first try was so bad. Just so bad. We tried another one last night. Better. Not great, but much better.
And so, I will leave the false starts in the drafts folder for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.