There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

In the Gray

Mom? Why did your head stop turning your hair brown?

That was Elijah's question to me yesterday as he watched me put color in my roots. Really, I wish I knew why my head gave up on the brown so early. I have friends 10-15 years older who are dealing with some gray while I've been predominantly gray since my 20's. I wish it didn't bother me so much. But it does.

A few weeks ago, I counted 21 zits on my face in one day.

Sometimes I can laugh it off.
Gray hair and acne.

Recently, it hasn't really felt all that funny.

Just being honest.

Maybe I'll find the gratitude in it, the laughter somewhere soon.
I need to.
Getting hung up on this sort of thing really never goes anywhere good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.