Ye old jar of clay (in other words, this body of mine) hath been a bit troublesome in recent days. Ugh. I find that as days go by and I don't start to feel better as quickly as I would like, the physical issues wear me down emotionally as well. So naturally, in true Patti fashion, I have to have a good cry. Don't worry. I did.
In it, however, I am getting to work at VBS and that is always a good and tired thing. It truly is a good kind of tired. And this year, with black lights and glow-in-the-dark shirts, it's an even better kind of good tired.
Tomorrow I get to teach the famous snake story from Numbers 21. We've been prepping a toy snake for days now in a cooler of water. It's the kind that swells as it soaks. I'm not sure how much I will actually enjoy picking that bad boy up tomorrow, but I am steeling myself to do it without whimpering or sobbing or blacking out. (Side note: As I carried the toy snake in a baggie out to the classroom earlier this week, my friend behind me said, "Oh look, there's a snake." Yeah. She meant a real one. Lovely. I know people say humans can't fly, but I think I got some impressive airtime.)
Elijah is soloing this week with his brother at camp. With missing his brother, having a hard time getting to sleep without his brother in the room, and having to get up early for VBS, he has been feeling rough. Normally, he is supposed to make his bed each morning. While I don't think making a bed is the ultimate in life skills, it became an issue when he chose to make it an issue. He now has a consequence system if we find his bed unmade. He takes the system very seriously and was distraught to figure out he forgot to make his bed on Monday morning. Here's how it went:
Me: Uh-oh. Your bed isn't made.
E: Oh no! I forgot!
Me: You know what? We had to get up early for VBS and you were so tired that we both forgot. I meant to remind you when we got home from VBS and give you another chance. So this time, you don't owe me a dollar.
E: Oh, does that mean you owe me a dollar because you forgot to remind me?
Me: Ummm, no.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.