I have a list of things to do today. I'd rather just sit and read and do some light coughing. The boys are still with Grandpa and Grandma. Really, no one would know if I sat around all day....at least, yet. They might notice when they come home and can't find milk. Or, when we start homeschool next week and don't know what we're doing. Or, when they notice the fish is hidden behind a wall of slime in his filthy tank. Or, when they walk by an overflowing laundry hamper. Some of these things could wait. Really, homeschool prep can't. The last couple of weeks before Christmas break, I was barely a half step ahead of them. I was sick, needed a break, and just couldn't get my act together. It's not fair to them to continue in that state.
One thing I have neglected and really needed to do today was purchase a bridal shower gift for an upcoming shower. Honestly, I should have done this awhile back, but I barely got my kids' stockings filled. I'll spare you another long explanation of my defective shopping gene. Today was going to be the day. The day I bought the gift. I went online, the easier route for defective shoppers, to begin my search. Here's how it went:
1) I could not find any sign of an option to peruse a wedding registry.
2) I finally saw something about gifts.
3) I went there.
4) I accidentally set up a wedding registry for myself, but I think I cancelled out of it. I did not actually select any gifts, so this should avoid any embarrassing situations where my friends and family wonder why on earth I am requesting wedding gifts for myself.
5) I typed in, "how can I find someone else's wedding registry".
6) The first place I was directed was to a book titled "How Can I Find God?".
7) I laughed.
8) I finally saw a sizeable dialog box in the upper right-hand corner directing me to wedding registries for other people.
Please do not send me wedding gifts. I didn't mean to register. I can't tell if I managed to un-register.
I really think the world might be a better place if I just read a book today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.