There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, December 10, 2011

A Touch of Blah

The past few days have brought a touch of blah. It could be because I have some sort of virus or infection of some sort that the doc can't quite nail down. I don't feel awful, but I sure don't feel good. I could sleep until 9am and take an afternoon nap. Actually, I did. There is no clear indicator if I am dealing with an invading bacteria, an invading virus, or both. So, I am on an antibiotic, which is a sad day indeed for my inner being. Under no circumstances will further details be forthcoming on that particular point.

Basically, I have a weird set of symptoms that don't seem to quite fit anything. I did ask the doc if I possibly had rare virus from the Congo. She is fairly sure that I don't. That's good, right? I also asked her if I am some kind of annoying hypochondriac and she was quite reassuring that I am really sick. I think that's good....except for the actual feeling sick part. I have intermittent pain and tenderness on the left side of my face and neck and jaw. My lymph nodes are swollen on that side. I have sores in my mouth on that side. Really, truly--a lovely set of symptoms. There is a possibility I have shingles, just with weird symptoms.

I really feel kind of blah. I am on house arrest and won't be attending church tomorrow, as Brian and I both think all the kids I am around on Sundays would be better off without contracting a rare virus from the Congo.

Blah.

On an utterly unrelated note, Elijah ate a piece of caramel corn today.
Off the floor.
Of a closet.
I don't know where it came from.
No ill effects so far.
Eeewww.
Yeah, I know. Someone should talk to the housekeeper about food on the floors of closets. I already did, but she's feeling pretty blah this week and I cut her some slack.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and praying that you have a good week. Let me know if you need any housekeeping.

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.