There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, February 19, 2012

4 Deleted Blogs Later....

Wow, I've written a lot of unposted blogs this past week. Good grief.

My head has been full of thoughts about people I know and love and their pain and struggles and the strange chaos of this life. I get like this sometimes. I just ache for my family and friends in their areas of hurt. As names and faces come to mind, I find myself praying for them and just telling God how much they need his tenderness.

Today's 4th-6th grade Sunday School class was intense. The scheduled lesson was on fighting the good fight of the Christian life. We ended up down a path, first about the book of Job and then about Satan. By the time I was done addressing questions about why God would basically encourage Satan to beat up on Job and then addressing questions about Satan, I was drained. This didn't feel like a children's lesson today. Serious stuff. I honestly could not have taught this lesson twenty years ago. I would have told them to get back on track so I could run as fast and far away from their questions as possible. I'm no expert, but there is fruit after twenty years spent reading God's Word. And Job isn't just another book of the Bible anymore to me. Whew. I really hope they take it easy on me next week....maybe.

I was blessed to spend time in various ways with a number of different women over the past week and enjoy honest, grace-filled conversation.

I was also blessed to see God allow an answer to a prayer I started praying earlier in Joseph's basketball season. "Please, God. I know it's not a big deal, but can you allow them a win?" Joseph and his team have had a year that can only be called character-building. Great group of boys, great group of parents, great coach (OK, I'm married to him, but he's a really good coach)--and they did not win a game....until Saturday, the last game of the season! I walked outside, looked up at the blue winter sky, and whispered, "Thank you."

Quick laugh: I had a God-appointed moment to laugh this past week in the middle of burdens about friends and family and my own health issues. Thanks to auto-correct on my phone, this is a text I almost sent:

"Your living room looks so different! It's like a whole renovation. I really like it. If Brian sees it he will immediately set our armpits on fire."

Honest, I typed a real word and it wasn't armpits.

Any guesses?

OK. It was armoire. Long story.

1 comment:

  1. I know a lot of people use (over use) the acronym ROTFL, but Oh my goodness. I really am rolling on the floor. I love you, your honesty. You're real. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.