Can you believe I missed an opportunity to write an angst-filled Monday blog? I have spent most of my writing time recently in my unbloggable journal and unbloggable computer files. It's still cheaper than therapy....
In this time, I have again seriously considered getting rid of Facebook. I still have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it or what it's for. Just thought I'd update you on my Facebook waffling.
I realized that every time my youngest, beloved child uses my phone or computer, the touch pad/touch screen is crusty when he's done. Blech.
I have decided my family has a toilet paper conspiracy. I have literally changed every single roll of toilet paper in this house every single time it needs to be changed for quite awhile now. Somehow, they have mastered leaving just enough so the roll doesn't look empty when they are finished. I don't know how they time it so perfectly every single time.
We watched the "Princess Bride" last night as a family. It was so nice to have an evening together. I'm not sure the boys enjoyed the verbatim quoting of the movie that Brian and I were doing, but we were all relaxed and comfortable and laughing. We've probably only seen this movie 40 times, so it was time to watch it again. Elijah only remembers seeing it once and before we watched it he said, "Oh! Is this the one with the six-handed man?" :)
We finished an amazing book today. Thanks to my aunt's recommendation, we purchased a book called "Grandpa's Box." We have read it once or twice a week this school year and just finished it today. It's the story of biblical redemption from the beginning to the end of the Bible as told by a grandfather to his grandchildren. Genesis to Revelation. Excellent. Theologically sound. Doesn't hesitate to talk about harder topics in the Bible. I cried at the end. I was reading Revelation 21:3-4 to wrap up the book and I burst into tears. Basically, I overflow pretty much every time I read those verses, but today, it was so near, so precious. Yesterday was a tough day. My heart issues were very real, very distracting, kind of scary. I was in pain yesterday. I was crying to God, both literally and figuratively. I feel so much better today and was so ready to once again receive those two verses. The Word of God is indeed living and active. As the guy who wrote Psalm 119 says, "I lie in the dust; revive me by your Word." Indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.