Two big things have happened today so far.
First, Joseph's baseball team won their game and moved into the first place spot for the upcoming tournament. This was their last regular season game.
Second, I got a really nice, unexpected compliment on my tattoo.
The baseball game was fun. It was a nail-biter. It went down to the wire. I have to admit though, it's an odd feeling when what you think you want for your son and his team all season long doesn't feel quite as good as you thought it would. Joseph's team winning meant we had to watch the other team lose. It just so happens, the son of some good friends of ours plays on that team. Next weekend will probably be a repeat match-up in the tournament. And, it means that one more time, two sets of parents who are good friends and who really care about each other's kids can only watch one of those kids walk off the field with the win.
We played the team of another good friend of ours earlier in the year and won. My friend and I spoke before the game, and she and I were pulling for a tie. When we told our husbands and sons, they looked at us like we were nuts. As I have long suspected, women and men don't see things quite the same way....
And so it goes in the world of sports.
As for the tattoo compliment, it was really sweet. I was dropping off my tubs of recyling at our free community drop-off and this older guy who was helping me said my necklace tattoo was really nice. When I reached for my necklace and held it up off my skin to show him it wasn't a tattoo, he was slightly startled. He recovered nicely and told me that at least I won't have to worry about getting it removed when I get tired of it.
One more thing. Now that I've mentioned our free community recyling drop-off, I really should throw in a plug for it. Paper, glass, plastics (except grocery bags), aluminum, and cans can be dropped off between 9 and 1 every Saturday. It's single-stream recyling, so everything goes into the same big dumpsters. We haven't wanted to pay extra for recyling pick-up, so this is a great thing for us. And yes, I do care about recyling. I saw that cynical look on your face. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.