There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Accidental Exercise

I accidentally exercised for an hour yesterday. Doesn't that sound like the biggest brag you've read online today? Well, it's not. I don't exercise by accident. In fact, exercising on purpose takes much of my willpower for the entire day. That probably explains why things like cleaning the kitchen floor or scrubbing a shower or cleaning the car, which also take excessive amounts of willpower, don't get done as often as they should.

I do exercise, I just don't enjoy it. I really thought after 25 years (yes, I exercised as a teen as well), I could slack off. And here I am, still having to exercise. So accidentally exercising for an hour kind of shocked me.

I was on the treadmill at the gym watching coverage of the fires and suddenly my treadmill slowed down noticeably. I checked the screen and I had been exercising for an hour. The treadmill was in automatic cool down.

I am still shocked.

I really wish that accidental overtime counted for today or tomorrow. It doesn't.

I suspect I will not accidentally overexercise today, or possibly ever again. In fact, I have a growing suspicion that exercise and I may not meet today.

Still praying for rain on this dry land.
Also praying for God's refreshment on this heart of mine that felt somewhat crispy and parched this morning as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.