Anyone with me on that? Or am I the only person who absolutely freaks out at the thought of having to clean up vomit. Or for that matter, the only person who freaks out when she has to vomit....
I hate the stuff.
With my entire being.
I cleaned up vomit twice tonight.
Not mine.
Not even from the same person.
Two different splatter fests.
A friend helped me each time, but it was horrible.
The first vomit became part of our Cubbies program tonight in the way that it utterly derailed the program and changed it from somewhat controlled chaos to utterly uncontrolled chaos. Add in that for the first time on record, the Cubbies room was an inferno of heat. Normally, we all go into borderline hypothermia in there and small children shiver convulsively in their metal chairs with chattering blue lips.
The second vomit met me when Cubbies was finally, blessedly over and I headed into the bathroom to wash up. It was just me and splatterfest. I could describe it, but then I might throw up into my laptop. Thankfully, a friend heard me scream and between the two of us, we got it cleaned up.
My third friend who was still around didn't help....because she was in a different room cleaning up a third vomit situation.
If I could cleanse myself with Clorox inside and out, I would, and I don't even use chlorine bleach. Only because we don't have a very large clothing budget have I resisted the urge to burn everything I was wearing tonight. I was unable to choke down the dinner in the crock pot because my stomach is churning.
I am not in a good place at the moment.
Elijah and I were both so horribly sick in August and September that we will never forget it. I'm terrified to get sick again. Until quite recently, I have still been recovering. We have medical bills from my series of IV's. Elijah still doesn't have the same appetite he used to have.
I cannot find my gratitude.
I cannot find my sense of humor.
I cannot find one iota of desire to ever work in AWANA again.
Yet, the Son of God washed feet and touched the diseased.
Somehow, he will teach me in this. He always does.
And so, I will work on my schedule and school prep for the week, wondering the whole time if we have been infected by yet another stomach virus.
I hate vomit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.