I watched a friend's daughters on Saturday for part of the day. One of the girls started kindergarten this year, so she and I talked about it. She told me she has every other Friday off. I commented, "Oh, that's nice to have an extra day to be at home."
Her reply? "Well, I don't really like every other Friday off because I like school."
"Oh really? What do you like about it so much?" I asked.
With great enthusiasm she said, "Well, at school I get to sit a lot and write."
I hope I didn't stare at her too oddly. That is just not an answer under ANY circumstances that would ever come out of the one of my boys' mouths. Ever.
Sit a lot?
Write?
Gender differences remain very much alive.
I'm too emotionally fragile to ask my boys what they like about school. It doesn't matter. I already know the answer.
When it's over for the day.
Or, maybe field trips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.