I love pumpkin pie.
I don't mean I sort of enjoy it at times.
I love it.
I miss it.
I used to go off regular food when I made a pumpkin pie and just eat a slice of pie for each meal until it was gone. (It's squash, OK? Don't judge.)
My gluten/wheat issues didn't slow me down for long on pie crust, it's the egg allergy that ruined pumpkin pie for me. I have spent so many holiday seasons seeking a pumpkin pie I can eat. I've made some horrible ones.
One looked like pumpkin jello and tasted horrible.
I could not even attempt a tofu pumpkin pie.
Anything with nuts (which is alot of alternate recipes) is out for me.
A couple of pumpkin pies looked like soup and were just all-round nasty.
Last year, I retired from pumpkin pie. I couldn't take it anymore.
Tonight, I came out of retirement and decided to try again. The filling actually set up. That is a definite plus. It doesn't look like jello or slop. It has definite promise. I will have to refrigerate it overnight, not being a fan of warm pumpkin pie.
My hopes are high. Well, I do have two teeny, small reservations. OK, maybe they are big reservations. Here they are:
1) It's dark brown. I mean so close to black it looks like chocolate pie.
2) It smells like a pumpkin spice candle. I'm fairly sure I did not put wax or artificial chemicals in my pie and I'm slightly unnerved by the candle smell. I think pie is supposed to smell like food.
Maybe I'll report on my taste test tomorrow.
If I'm devastated by disappointment, I might report.
On the bright side, if I want my house to smell amazing, I can always make an egg-free pumpkin pie....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.