There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

And....Action....Verbs

LOOKING.... around my basement:  School. Piles of books. I mean really, really big piles of books. Everywhere. Me at the desk--a lot.

REMEMBERING....advice from a wedding shower over the weekend: "Always get up and make a real breakfast for your husband, no matter what time it is." I took it to heart and asked Brian later that day if he would like me to start doing that. His reply? "Ummm, no. You're not very nice early in the morning." OK. So I'll keep making sure the coffee pot is full and ready to go each night so he never has to make coffee in the morning. But I apparently will not be dragging my mean self out of bed in the wee hours of the morning.

DEALING....with a mess: Tuesday morning I was trying to get school started, chores done, and lots packed into the day, so naturally I started out with a spill. My spill. All mine. I grabbed something from a shelf in the laundry room and spilled a bag of fish tank rocks. Not only was this a huge mess, requiring precious time I didn't have to clean it up. I was afraid the boys would see the rocks and they would ask for another fish. As the sole fishkeeper around here, I'm not all that excited to acquire another.

PLAYING....our favorite family board game while we LISTENED to 80's music.

GRIEVING....over a tragedy in my family as injustice continues to triumph and pain seems only to deepen and the grief distracts me regularly throughout the day.

CONSIDERING....the passage of time when I saw a perfect bright yellow leaf in the middle of my deck.

FILLING (while nearly DESPAIRING).... my washer by hand, WONDERING if I will ever have a computer, refrigerator, washer, dryer, stove, and car that can all manage to function at the same time.

FIXING....my mind on what is unseen rather than seen because the seen has been a bit of a bummer...well, except for the breathtakingly baby blue morning sky filled with cotton ball clouds. Oh, and the smile Brian had for me because he likes me. And I can't forget, the laughs on the phone with a friend. Let it not be said I managed to miss the precious faces of my young men this morning. Oh yeah, and the stunning sunset. OK, so the seen isn't all bad. For sure.

GAGGING....on my B vitamin as I do at least twice a week and finding irony in the fact that the vitamin I struggle most to swallow is the one that keeps my arm from being mostly numb all the time. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

REVIEWING....action verbs, linking verbs, and state of being verbs. (Does it show in my paragraph openers by any chance?)

MEMORIZING....a Bible passage along with Joseph and seeing how much faster he is than I am.

ASKING....my kids for forgiveness for failing to love them well.

FEEDING....my family a tasty meal and knowing I blessed them that way.

SITTING and RESTING....every morning with my Savior and Bible and journal and coffee, because without Jesus, my life is utter hopelessness and darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.