We're home from a lengthy visit to our....ummmm....other home? It's hard to figure out where home is because wherever I am, I still find my heart not quite convinced I'm home. Texas. Colorado. Other places in the U.S. With family. With friends. It's all home and it's all not. Tears rolled down my face as we traded the vast spaces of Texas for the views of Colorado. Where is home?
As the emotion of longing to see family I so rarely see and the pang of wondering when I will see my almost-family again and the heaviness of returning to a life too cluttered all collided out there in the vastness of Texas, I knew with certainty again.
This isn't my home.
I am a foreigner, a visitor wherever I go.
I have a home.
When I curl up in the morning knowing the embrace of my Savior, I'm almost there.
And someday I will be home.
But I'm not there yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Soon. :)
ReplyDelete