With each passing year, I understand a little more of God's statement that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
Seriously.
That's awe-inspiring.
God speaks and it just is. Or it is not.
Psalm 33 anyone?
Revelation 19 anyone?
Good grief.
Those aren't just words, they are WORDS.
Then there's daily life.
Sustained by the written Word of God.
Life without it is no longer a life I want.
Not in a long time.
Not ever again.
Then there's bread.
Actual grain bread.
See, God didn't say we don't need bread, he said it's not JUST about bread.
And today, it's a little bit about bread.
My favorite health food store had a shipment of my favorite bread and my favorite man saw it and decided I needed some. And, my oh my, was he right. I love my extremely expensive amazing bread. So does my entire family and they keep eating it. So very uncool of them. If you need me, I will be in my kitchen gorging on bread. Bread with jam. Bread with agave. Bread with butter. Bread, bread, bread. Did I mention how well that man loves me?
(Sorry, sometimes my food allergies and limitations make me crazy. But it's OK, sometimes they don't. I can talk tomorrow after I'm done carbing out. I'll be the bloated one waddling around town.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.