As time has gone by and I've learned more about cooking to accomodate my allergies, I have learned a lot. I've made some really tasty recipes and some really terrible ones. Let me just say that anything made with chickpea flour is absolutely revolting. I can make a really good dinner, but baked goods are still tending to be a bit elusive. According to Brian earlier this week when I offered him one of my cookies, he said they have an aftertaste and aren't really that good. He wasn't trying to be mean, but apparently I've been eating weird food for so long that I no longer realize my baked goods have a nasty aftertaste. Joseph tells me that too. The aftertaste thing, that is.
So, in spite of all that, I decided to try something new today. I had grated up some carrots I wasn't getting around to using and decided to try some sort of carrot muffin. I looked up various recipes, found one I liked, and got it all mixed up. The recipe called for the muffins to be in the oven for 20 minutes. Since I had modified the recipe, I figured it would take longer. Here's what actually happened:
1) I mixed up the muffin batter. It looked a bit scary (translation...disgusting), but I pressed on and put it in the muffin tin.
2) I inserted the muffin tin into the oven at the specified temperature.
3) I checked the muffins when the timer rang and decided to cook them for 5 more minutes.
4) I repeated Step 3....over and over over.
5) I removed the muffin tin, scooped the goopy batter out, and squished it into a pie plate. More oven time.
6) More oven time.
7) More oven time.
8) More oven time.
9) Shortly after the 1 hour mark, I removed a pie plate with an odd, brown, ugly thing in it. It smelled good. I ate a piece. It was good. I did not take a picture. It would have frightened you. It did not look edible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.