There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Technicolor

Sometimes, especially in sci-fi movies or modern art, the sky and clouds are depicted in really blazing colors, sort of unreal. Too bright, really. Last night, God did it Himself. I was doing dishes, looked out the window, and had to stop immediately and race outside. The clouds, the sunset, the sky--they were seriously intense colors. Not soft or gentle or muted. Crazy colorful. Completely unreal. If the mosquitos hadn't been biting me, I would have almost believed I had stepped into an alternate universe. (Thanks for keeping it real, mosquitos....) I stood still with my mouth open (literally). When the colors faded, I finally stopped standing outside with my mouth open. I do wonder what the neighbors thought....Actually, I don't care. God painted a sky that no one else saw from the same spot in the universe through my eyes at that moment. He sent me a love note last night. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.