There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fully Armed

We went to the park today. Did I mention we took a trunkful of weapons? Did I also mention we met 5 other boys at the park? My boys are sure this was one of their best days at the park ever! Bright blue sky, crisp (almost cold) air, no one else around, big open fields and some woods.....and weapons.

The 7 of them played with weapons non-stop. Nerf swords, plastic lightsabers, Nerf guns. They were all fully armed.

I grew up with a houseful of girls. I did not realize how much boys liked weapons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.