There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wow, Can They Eat

Today, I watched 4 boys devour nearly an entire bag of tortilla chips. I made plates of nachos until I ran out of cheese, then they switched over to eating the chips straight up with salsa. After that, they started munching their way through fruit. There were hardly crumbs when they were done. It was like a locust swarm had been at the kitchen table. That was just a snack. Dinner followed a bit later.

Looks like my grocery bill has nowhere to go but up.

I guess I could start the coupon thing if I could find coupons for things I buy. I know, I know. So picky. I'm just trying to hide my insane jealousy of my friend who saves about a kazillion dollars a month clipping and using coupons.

I have NO complaints about having a houseful of boys. I love that my boys have great friends that I enjoy having here as well. Swords, guns, dirty shoes, Wii, noise, wrestling....I'm going to miss all this very much someday. It is going to be pretty funny for this little family dominated by males if our boys get married and have lots of girls.

Maybe I should go look for coupons for tortilla chips and salsa....

1 comment:

  1. I'll help you find some coupons for tortilla chips and salsa! ;)

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.