I just killed a pincer bug lurking under my planner. No big deal, until I suddenly realized, "Hey, this is about the 20th pincer bug I've killed this week." Yup. Including the one I found crawling on my bare foot. Mmm-hmm.
Have I mentioned the killer wasps in our yard? OK, I don't really know that they are exactly killer wasps. I just think I might meet with a serious accident while trying to escape one and that would make them killer wasps. There are so many this year. Ewwww.
I haven't exactly been thrilled about the abundance of snakes in our lovely town this year. I never am, but they are certainly making their slithery presence known. Get this. A friend, just a few miles away, had three rattlesnakes in and around her garage today. 3 of them. Really good-sized ones. 3 of them. If we found one in our garage, Brian would have to work hard to talk me out of burning down the garage. We had a small, harmless snake in our garage awhile back and I could hardly walk into the garage for months. (Actually, it is debatable if it was harmless. Again, as with "killer wasps", is the snake really harmless if it causes severe panic in the human who encounters it? What if said human suffers severe injury as she frantically attempt to flee?)
I dislike walking outside for exercise in warm weather because there is high potential for encountering....life. Specifically, life that slithers and doesn't have legs. Add in the fact that I've been supremely bored with exercise in the last month, and let's just say, the ol' walking shoes have gotten a nice break. Tonight, as I cooked dinner and looked out the kitchen window, I saw a nice couple walking briskly by. I felt guilty. That should be me. They looked so happy and relaxed. Then I noticed they were each carrying a beer. Then I realized what it would take to get me to go for a walk today.
But I'm allergic to wheat and can't have gluten. So, I'm not walking today.
3 is just 3 too many.
So creepy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I tried to refrain...
ReplyDeleteThe itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout...