Today was Day #2 of VBS. Again, it was a terrific experience teaming up with the VBS workers. Today we talked about Romans 6:23....For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. It was a pretty heavy day. In it, however, we got the kindergarten class for our third session. None of the adults could keep a straight face for long. I can't really re-construct the class time. I wish we had recorded it. Let me just give you a general idea of what it was like.
Teacher (T): Let's talk about needs and wants. Is a movie a need or a want?
Kindergarten Student (K): A need.
T: It is? Are you sure?
K: Yes. We need movies for naptime.
T: Well, what about coffee? Is that a need or a want?
K: Why do I have a sticker on my shoe?
T: Umm, I'm not sure.
K (different one): My parents both drink coffee every single day.
T: Let's talk about forgiveness. Do we need forgiveness?
K: Nope.
K (different one): I really wonder how I got this sticker on my shoe.
Fast forward a bit here after we lowered a paper man from the ceiling to re-enact the account in Mark of the paralytic being lowered through the roof of a house.
T: The first thing Jesus did was tell the man his sins were forgiven. Why would he do that?
K: Do you want to see this sticker on my shoe?
T: Forgiveness is what the man really needed.
K (different one): My parents really drink coffee every day.
T: We are all full of sin. We can't see it, but God can.
K: I can see it. (points to another kindergartener and to the teacher). I can see your sin and your sin.
K (different one): You should look at my shoe.
K (yet another one): I can see sin too.
The entire class was such a hoot. I really, really, really wish I had a transcript at least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
SQUIRREL!!
ReplyDelete