I love vanilla. Especially the real stuff.
Today, I accidentally used a vanilla-flavored rice milk in my creamed spinach. I often make sauces with rice milk, just to cut down on dairy a bit. They turn out really well....unless I use vanilla-flavored rice milk in creamed spinach.
Vanilla and spinach do not match. At all.
Brian gagged his spinach down, believing that perhaps he would still gain some of that dark, leafy green veggie nutrition even if he swallowed it whole.
Joseph ate his with a horrible look at his face the entire time.
I tried. I really did. Then I gagged.
I am sad. Homemade creamed spinach is one of my favorites. I could eat it several times a week. Joseph can eat more creamed spinach in one sitting than you can imagine. He even eats the leftovers for breakfast. However, neither of us can eat it if it tastes like vanilla.
I keep imagining I can smell vanilla spinach and I am not enjoying it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You've been CHOPPED!!!! Spinach, get it. HAHAHAHAH
ReplyDelete