Recently, Joseph had to get a new Bible. His Bible had literally fallen apart from use. He carried it every Sunday and read aloud from it almost every day. He has been thrilled with his new Bible and so have we. It's a bit higher quality and has large print which is easier for him to read. Joseph has been really enjoying his new Bible and has shown it to everyone he knows. Elijah saw Joseph's excitement and decided he needed a "big" Bible.
On Sunday morning, Joseph pulled out his first "big" Bible. It was a Bible we bought by mistake. We meant to buy an NIV and bought an NIrV instead. It was no help because Joseph couldn't memorize his verses from it for Sunday School and AWANA. So, it's basically an unused Bible. Joseph write in it "From Joseph to my brother Elijah" and presented it to him. Elijah has been beaming ever since. He brings it in the car and carries it around the house. He has already required me to read Genesis chapter 1-7 and is planning on chapter 8 for bedtime tonight. The cutest thing? He sleeps with it. He carefully props it up by his pillow and falls asleep facing it.
Since I was very young, I have been really fascinated by the Bible. I actually decided at one point in time to copy the Bible by hand. I made it partway through Genesis....I always felt there was something special about the Bible, even though I loved all kinds of books. I can totally relate to this excitement both of my boys have been feeling about their new Bibles. It's really fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw! That's awesome! :o)
ReplyDelete