My boys are both showing signs of becoming gentlemen. It comes and goes, especially for Elijah, but I love that they can see things in their dad that they are seeking to copy. Joseph is pretty militant about holding the door and carrying in groceries. He lectures Elijah when he doesn't do the same. He told us last night that when he has a wife, he will let her drive the nice car and he will drive the old one.
Today, I was playing with Elijah. He said he was the dad and I was the mom and he needed to fix the house because it fell apart. I told him I would help him and he said, "No, you can't. I will take care of this. Only the dad needs to fix the house." I'm sure some women would be all offended by this. I realized he has been watching his own dad reassure me and tell me he would take care of things around the house and he does.
This would make my dad smile if he could see and hear. My dad was a gentleman to the core. To see a son-in-law and grandchildren who walk that path as well....he would love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.