There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Smiles for Today

I went to pick Joseph up from his Thursday homeschool enrichment program today. I was dog tired and it was only 3:15. I have been going non-stop. The chaos of all the kids was getting to me and I could not find Joseph in the pick-up area. I got kind of a funny feeling and walked out to one of his classrooms to see if he was behind, maybe talking to a teacher. I turned around, not having found him, and there he was! He was laughing hysterically and completely satisfied with himself. He had been directly behind me, shadowing me, the entire time I was looking for him. I laughed. Gotta love that 10-year-old boy humor.

We went to see some friends tonight who just had a baby. Elijah hasn't been around many babies. He dutifully looked at this one for a few seconds and then bounded off to play with the other kids. In the car on the way home, he said very enthusiastically: "That baby was soooo nice to me!"

Our friends have a 7-year-old son who is pretty special to me. I've been in children's church with him since the first day he started coming to our church. Before we arrived tonight, his mom was explaining to him that Miss Patti and her family were bringing dinner for them to eat tonight. He replied to his mom: "I just KNEW she was a Christian."

Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.