There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Friday, November 12, 2010

Afternoon Slump

I have a confession. Nearly every afternoon of my life, I wish for a nap. As often as I talk about naps, people must think I take naps all the time. Honestly? I take about 1 nap every 6 weeks or so. Maybe. I'm not even sure if that's accurate because I can't remember the last time I had one. I just think they sound like a nice idea when I'm hitting the afternoon slump.

For all of you homeschool moms out there--do you find yourself fighting like crazy to stay awake during reading in the afternoon? I feel so bad. Joseph will be merrily reading away to me and my eyes keep fluttering shut.

This current afternoon is no different than the typical. The idea of a nap sounds rreeeeaaalllly nice....In real life, however, I will most likely finish up school, do some chores, maybe squeeze in a trip to the library, and cook dinner. I may even attack the mountain of ironing waiting for me. Sadly, I do not believe I have time to nap. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.