I spent the weekend in a friend's house. She is a sweet friend of mine who happens to have a big house. I mean, seriously big. The kind of big where you can lose all 5 kids you're watching and have no idea where they are. The kind of big where you stop to consider if you really want to walk as far as you have to go just to get one thing. The kind of big where vacuuming could qualify as a high-intensity cardio workout. The kind of big where when you call the kids for dinner, they weren't just ignoring you, they actually couldn't hear you. Actually, the house is so well-insulated that when I was inside and the kids were outside, they could be screaming like banshees and I couldn't hear them. In my house, I can hear them through the walls even with the windows closed. I've never lived in a house like that. It's hard to lose someone in my house unless they are being really, really, really quiet in a dark room. Typically, we all find that to be creepy behavior, therefore, it's rare to lose someone here.
The super fun part of all this is that I don't mind that she has a big house. That probably doesn't sound like much of a statement, but if you could see where my heart has been and where it is on the topic of houses and their size, this is actually a rather significant statement. I don't mind. In fact, I think her house is terrific and I was also thrilled to come home. Contentment is a beautiful thing. I'm learning.....not all the way there, but learning.
On a semi-related note, I got a great idea from her on how to do chore charts. I'm sure my kids will be thrilled to have their chore lists better organized. Not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.