We're all taking turns getting sick. It's croaky season! I am finally over my lovely little virus/ear infection thing but I have the leftover cough and croaky voice. Joseph is wrapping up round 2, still with the cough and croaky voice. Elijah is in the middle of his first round, but his fever is finally going down. Beyond the fact that this wave of sickness has made it quite difficult to get my grocery and supply shopping done, there's not much to report! (I haven't gotten the shopping done, by the way.)
There is something about these waves of sickness. We spend a lot more quiet time together. More card games, more snuggle time, more time at home. The boys usually get me to set up a "movie theater" in their room with my laptop and they snuggle down in bed with lots of pillows and watch a movie. They get Hansen's ginger ale, a special treat for sick days. We all love using our digital ear thermometer and take our temperatures about every half hour. (Seriously, this ear thermometer is pretty fun.) We take school at a slower pace and I read lots of books to them. It's kind of a time of knowing everything else schedule-wise kind of implodes, but we can savor our time together. One of my favorite things during these times is the way Joseph takes care of Elijah. It reminds me of my childhood when I used to sit by my sister's bed when she was sick. It is exhausting in so many ways, but I have honestly seen caring for my sick kids as a privilege of high order since they were born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.