There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today's Life

Nothing really exciting has happened today aside from a ton of driving and a ton of laundry and not enough school. I had to work at the office and we never finished school. That is a pretty discouraging thing for me. It makes me feel like a pretty big failure. I know we will figure it all out, but tomorrow morning starts with three consecutive dentist appointments which will again cut into the school day. I feel like my heart is slowly curling up under the everyday-ness of life right now. Lots of driving pretty much always gets me down.

I don't feel much like singing, but the song "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" has been trying to push its way through for the last few hours. "....and the things of earth will grow strangely dim...."

I do have a huge praise for the day. My kids both loved dinner. Enthusiastically. Over the top. Really dramatic. They haven't liked dinner this much in a long time. Huge praise for me. I could not have handled a complaint about dinner. The magic dinner? Meatloaf. Not just any meatlof. Wheat-free and egg-free meatloaf. Yup.

I also have a closing remark before I try to corral two overtired boys who are working out their energy from having been at a dance recital. If you ever see a young boy dressed in a stained, stretched out t-shirt with jeans and cowboy boots that are three sizes too large....and you are tempted to pass judgment on his mother for not having him look halfway decent for a dance recital....please stop to consider that 30 minutes before you saw him, he might have been wearing blue sweats with a neon green stripe on them and they were tucked into the sweats. The jeans could have been a major victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.