There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Another Year

Celebrating a birthday and heading into a new year at the same time sends me into deep reflection. Today was no exception. In it all, I've been blessed with a sweetness God poured out on me when I woke. It's a sweetness that comes from the surety of his presence. I'm so thankful.

I've journaled and written on and off all afternoon. (I had to take breaks because the Bronco game was really, extra, super fun.) In it all, it keeps coming back to the people God has woven into my life for so long.

I wish I could connect with every family member and friend and student. I wish I could listen to each one, hear from each one, speak life and love and friendship to each one. I wish I could know every one of the people God has placed in my life knows Jesus.

I did get to share the morning with some of my church family.

I also got to spend the afternoon with my little precious family here at home.

I got to write to a dear one who is living his life in a prison cell and tell him I'm still praying for a miracle.

For the ones I had the blessing of seeing today and for all those I haven't gotten to see in awhile, this is what I prayed for you:

Father in heaven, please care for every one of these you have gifted into my life. I ask you to utterly win their affections by your matchless, scandalous, radiant love. I ask you not to leave even one of the people you have brought into my life where they are, rather to insist they look at you that they may not miss you. I ask you to stop them in their tracks, breathless at the realization of the grace given through Jesus Christ.

And so, that is what I asked for on this birthday.

And, lest you think I had forgotten a tall boots update....I wore them to church today. Thank you to each of you who made sure to compliment me loudly. You know I love you.



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.