Have you ever been on a merry-go-round and wanted it to stop? It's going too fast, your stomach feels funny, and it doesn't matter how much you try to drag your feet to slow it down....it just keeps spinning?
This week feels that way.
I'm still trying to wrap my mind and heart around the events of the last weeks.
The multiple shootings, the violence around the world has shaken me up.
Five different friends and my own husband have been or are dealing with medical issues.
I want the merry-go-round to stop, just for a little while.
But it doesn't stop.
Dinner still has to be cooked.
Appointments have to be kept.
School must go on.
Groceries have to be bought.
Clothes have to washed.
Christmas is still coming.
My kids continue to be openly disgusted with my annoying habit of washing the water cups they would rather just use for a few weeks.
Bathroom counters still get sticky and yucky.
My office/guest room continues to groan under the weight of paper and projects.
I steadfastly forget to purchase postage stamps EVERY single time I'm at the store.
Dust gathers in my house.
E-mails need to be answered.
I'm dragging my feet trying to get this all to slow down a bit, but I think I'd better just pick them up, scoot to the center, and let God hold on to me.
And, I don't want to forget to smile.
Today, Elijah grumbled his way through one of his chores. When he finally returned the cleaning spray to the bin in the kitchen cabinet with a dramatic sigh of relief he said, "Mom, you should keep the spray in the other cabinet."
"Why?" I inquired.
"Because when I'm mad about my chores and I want to kick the cabinet closed, the other cabinet closes much better than this one when I kick it."
I asked. He answered.
And here we go....even when we want the ride to stop.
Smiles. Grief. Questions. Joy. Loss. Hope. Anticipation. Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.