There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Is It Really December???

This morning I opened up my prayer journal and realized I hadn't written in it since November. Then I realized I had written in it yesterday. Yup, it's December and I'm still dating things as November. What is prayer journal etiquette anyway? Correct the date? Leave it? Who do I think is reading it anyway?

I'm having one of those backlogs in blogs. I have written several and published none. Sometimes, so many words come out but somehow I stop short of posting.

As the days run swiftly by, I am so grateful for stunning skies.
Cotton candy pink clouds come just before sunrise.
A fiery glow has been filling the west at sunset.
Winter constellations are in place.
I love the sky.
I'm not sure how anyone can look at the sky and remain atheist.

When I haven't been looking at the sky, my days have been filled with:

-glitter (it's everywhere), from helping the boys make cards for teachers
-trips to the doctor, this time for Brian and a cyst that turned into an abscess
-school, school, school, school
-cooking, cooking, cooking, cooking
-out-of-town company
-errands and dishes and chores
-Christmas gift planning and shopping and ordering
-messy piles of craft supplies from Christmas presents I'm making
-dry weather and dry skin and cracked hands
-looking at Christmas lights in my own house and everywhere I go as much as possible
-trying to stay halfway caught up on e-mail
-a field trip to the museum and having the place nearly to ourselves
-Christmas music, including a fabulous chorale concert of all Christmas music
-basketball season for both boys and their world-class coach (Dad)

Here's what hasn't been filling my days:

-exercise (I've totally lost it on exercise in the last couple of weeks.)
-boredom
-checking off everything on my to-do list
-having dinner ready on time

I really can't believe it's December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.