Are you familiar with the glycemic index? The higher the number, the more a food drives up your blood sugar. So, sugar and grains and starches have high glycemic numbers, while spinach and chicken have low numbers.
The glycemic index of the air in my kitchen today is really, really high. I'm sure it is a cloud of flour and sugar and just breathing it is probably driving up my blood sugar. I'm so glad to be on the downhill side of this morning's baking. Unfortunately, being gluten-free does not take away baking. If it did, I could just shrug and say, "Sorry. It's chicken and spinach this year." But, even gluten-free folks can happily eat themselves into a diabetic coma.
In various stages of baking and cooling in their fully gluten-free glory are dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins, and cinnamon coffee cake. Remaining to make are the tortillas for the specially-requested BBQ Chicken Quesadillas that will be our Christmas Eve dinner.
Definitely peaking on the glycemic index over here.
I'll write more after my sugar coma wears off.
Merry Christmas Eve all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love those BBQ Chicken Quesadillas and would love that tortilla recipe.
ReplyDelete