Friday, March 5, 2010
The Grand Prix is Coming....
The AWANA Grand Prix is in 2 days. We need professional intervention. My poor son is stuck with the two of us--meaning he will never have a cool, fast Grand Prix car. In fact, he might not have a completed one at the rate we are going. How was I to know that 4 days would not be enough time to spray paint and detail a tiny little block of wood? The car is currently outside AGAIN drying from yet ANOTHER coat of paint which still doesn't look like it covered well. Detailing hasn't even started and weigh-in is in less than 24 hours. I'll let you know how things go and maybe even post a picture after the big day. This is a good reminder to open that fund we need to have for our children. You know the one, right? It's to pay for counseling in the future to undo what their parents have done to them.....Can't you hear it now? "Well, I had my heart set on a simple, shiny, fast Grand Prix car. It's been 20 years and I can still hear the silence in the room as I brought out my oddly-shaped, strangely painted block of wood. It was at that moment my mom remembered we had forgotten the wheels.....The nightmares are so real, doctor. Can you help me?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear how the Grand Prix went!!!!
ReplyDelete