Do you ever stop to think about what the forgiveness God offers really means? We all like to ask for it and receive it. We talk it up in church as a really good thing. I hear most people talk about it as sort of just a nice thing God offers. The longer I live and the more mornings I wake up needing forgiveness, the more shocking I find His forgiveness. Absolutely shocking. Who in their right mind would forgive me, or anyone, that many times? Really. Shocking.
Then there's the next part--forgive as I've been forgiven. I'm supposed to forgive this way? Bbbbbbuuuut......that person REALLY hurt me. Yup. Forgiveness means releasing someone, who has caused me a real hurt, from what they owe me. That's shocking. That's freedom. That's impossible without the author of true forgiveness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.