There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Weariness....

It's been the theme of my week....weariness. Can you imagine not ever being tired? Right now, I'm not sure I even remember when I was just kind of tired and not bone-weary. Every time the weariness sweeps over me, I think about how amazing it is that God is NEVER tired. Never. He never looks at me or my family or my church or my neighborhood or this world and says, "I'm just too tired to face this today." Wow. I'm having a hard time even facing my dishes right now, let alone packing for the weekend. I've been reading Isaiah 40 a lot. I just like knowing how big and strong and tender God is. Isaiah 40 is "comfort food" for me. My God is the God of all strength, which I most desperately need.

1 comment:

  1. I was just thinking about the day Dad died and how you found out, Patti. Life so cruel. I wish I could have made it easier for you, but I wasn't thinking very well that day. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.