Some days I wear my workout gear
Longer than real clothes, I fear.
Working out is good, I know.
I get that happy, sweaty glow.
If only I could find the time
To wash and address my state of grime.
Instead I find school and laundry and dishes,
And chores and ensuring a dinner delicious
Prevent me from entering that place of bliss
Where I no longer will smell like this.
So, for now, here I am, all smelly and gross,
Hoping that my shower will soon be close.
And if you happen to see me wearing a hat
Please know that I tried, I really hoped that
I would have showered by now
I just couldn’t figure out how.
PS I really don’t want you to tell anyone,
But I just got my shower at half past one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.