There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Miss My Dad

12 years ago, on May 17, my Dad left and went to be with his Savior. I have never forgotten being 800 miles away, calling to see how things were going, and finding out my whole family was at the hospital because my Dad had just died. I remember the phone slipping from my fingers and falling on the floor. I remember little after that. I know I fell to the floor. Tears. Packing a suitcase. Climbing in the car and driving all night. Stars flashing by. The night was inky black. Nothing felt real. Sometimes, it still doesn't. 12 years of joys and sorrows and moments I haven't been able to share with him.

My Dad left his 3 girls a note. Final words. He ended his note with III John 4--"I have no greater joy than to know my children walk in the truth."

My Dad loved my Mom. He loved his kids. He loved the Word. He loved his Savior.

I can't wait to see him again and tell him all the things the Lord has been teaching me and how a fire for the Word of God is in my heart.

I really miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.