There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Way My Brain Works

I've had a couple of things reinforced about the way my brain works in the past week.

1) I will never be good at strategy games (as evidenced by the way my 9-year-old can skunk me at checkers and chess).

2) I am still and always will be technologically challenged. (I really think my family should give me more credit for the fact that I can even do their laundry, since it does involve a machine and various buttons and dials.) This past week, I just learned how to fast forward a CD in a car we've had for a year. I think my favorite moment, however, was when Brian told me there was a printer ink cartridge in a plastic bag in the desk drawer. I pulled out the bag and opened it. I actually stood there for quite some time trying to figure out why our new printer ink cartridge was shaped like a utility knife. Typically, they've been more rectangular in nature and it just wasn't computing, but technology does change fast.....you never know.....maybe they are streamlining ink cartridges for faster printing performance.....Brian finally looked up from what he was doing and asked me why I was holding a utility knife. Guess I grabbed the wrong bag. :)

1 comment:

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.