Last night as I went to bed, I felt a strong conviction in me that I wanted to be found faithful in the small things. This morning, God gave me the opportunity to grow in that area. Both kids are sick.
I was really challenged by a thought I heard from Elizabeth George. She talked about how every day of our lives is kind of like a life in itself. If we look at each day as a small life to live, do we want to be found faithful in that day?
That begs the question: faithful to what?
How about faithful to grow in joy and grace where I am, not where I think I would rather be?
How about faithful to respect my husband and not drown him with words, rather bless him without a flood of words?
How about faithful to love my husband and children expecting nothing in return, giving myself fully to serve rather than get?
How about faithful to continue meeting with the Lord every single morning?
How about faithful to make our physical dwelling a place of refuge and safety and wholeness and rest and nourishment for my family and anyone else who enters, both by the way I care for it and the tone I set in it?
How about faithful to pray without ceasing, to abide in Christ, to walk in step with the Spirit rather than gratifying the desires of my flesh?
How about faithful to consult God about every decision before committing and faithful to keep my word once I have committed?
How about faithful to teach my children God's Word every moment I am awake in word and action?
How about faithful to lay my anxiety before God and offer him thankgiving?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good stuff.
ReplyDelete