There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Longer Weekend

Every year I am surprised by how many people are racing around on Memorial Day weekend and have all these plans. After living through May, which proves to be second only to December in its craziness, why would anyone want to race around all weekend? I guess we are fairly boring folk. We started thinking things like, "hmmm, we could actually get around to the neglected yard work" and "oh, we will both have time to go to the gym this weekend." So, while I am happy for anyone who is planning an amazing weekend, I will personally enjoy a weekend lacking in plans. It will be a nice break to attend only one church service instead of the usual three between Saturday and Sunday. It will be my first weekend in a long time without needing to work on lesson plans for homeschool. It is warm and sunny. God's mercy was new this morning, as it always is. I sure like the look of those blank white calendar pages....

1 comment:

  1. sometimes a weekend with no plans is the best way to go! Plus there are WAY too many crazies on the road. If there wasn't a wedding this weekend I'd be staying home too!

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.