There, peeping above the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for awhile. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up and out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing; there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach. J.R.R. Tolkien

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Got a Letter

I've been getting lots of mail lately. I've gotten some wonderful notes from friends and lots and lots of mail from my insurance company. Elijah is starting to recognize the logo on the insurance mail and announce, "You got another letter from the doctor." Today, THE big one came. The hospital bill. We've been getting all sorts of statements for lab work and EKG's and doctor's office visits and paying our co-pays, but the hospital bill found us today.

I read the billed amount and it made my day. Seriously. $89,133. I laughed. I've been in the hospital before and I know how outrageously expensive it is, but I didn't guess this one. I am thinking about scrapbooking it.

We do have insurance, so this is just the billed amount before everyone does their adjustments and whatever else happens for our real bill. I just thought the total was worth sharing. If we add up all the billed amounts and pharmacy bills and co-pays and this hospital bill, we ran up $90,000 in bills, and I don't even have new furniture or clothes to show for it. :)

1 comment:

  1. You have something worth a lot more.;)
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete

It's always fun to get comments, but if you post anonymously, I don't know who you are! It would be super if you would leave your name.